By: Andrew Carrera
Steak ‘n Shake, which is “famous for steakburgers,” has many great deals to offer on burgers, milkshakes and more. As I have learned from personal experience, at Steak ‘n Shake you can get more than a little bang for your buck. The Indianapolis-based company has five locations in the greater Pittsburgh area: Tarentum, Munhall, Pleasant Hills, Robinson and Monaca (next to the Beaver Valley Mall).
Here are some of the deals you can get at Steak ‘n Shake:
- Half-Price Happy Hour: On weekdays from 2-5 p.m., you can get any drink or shake half off.
- Kids Eat Free: For every $9 spent, children 12 and under get one free Kids Plate. Options for the Kids Plate include the Original Steakburger, chicken fingers, a hot dog, grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, steakburger minis and mini corn dogs. Kids Plates are served with a choice of fries or applesauce. This deal is good all day, every day.
- Steak ‘n Shake Meal: This is my personal favorite. You get a double steakburger (with cheese, if you want), fries, a side and a regular classic shake for $6. Classic milkshake flavors include strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, banana, mocha, orange freeze, and dark chocolate.
- Under $4 Meals: Steak ‘n Shake has 24 meals that are under $4. Among these meals are a “Triple Steakburger ‘n Fries,” “Chicken Fingers ‘n Fries” and “Spicy Chicken Sandwich ‘n Fries,” among others.
- If you are unable to go to a Steak ‘n Shake during happy hour, you can still get a deal on milkshakes, such as a “Buy One, Get One Free” deal for Specialty Milkshakes. There are 17 specialty flavors, including Double Chocolate Fudge, M&Ms, Nutella and Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
If you have not been to a Steak ‘n Shake, I strongly advise you to try it. Don’t be fooled by the prices. After having a burger and shake, you will find out that a great meal can indeed come cheap.